Jiofi is a portable wireless device introduced to us by Reliance Digital Communications. http //jiofi.local.html is nothing but a default login address for the Jio routers. One can either open 192.168.1.1 or use www.jiofi.local.html to access my Jio login page. All the different routers have different addresses for login pages and Jiofi local html is nothing but a login portal for Jio Fi users.
This Jiofi dongle device gives us the fastest 4g connection to which 10 devices can connect simultaneously. Some devices even allow connections to more than 30 devices at a time, but it also depends on your Jiofi model and capacity. There are 3 different Jiofi devices, Jiofi Dongle 1,2 and 3, when you buy any of these devices, jiofi.local.html works as the default login page. Here I’m writing a detailed article that covers almost every topic and answers all your questions related to Jiofi.local,html Login, Jiofi password change, how to configure your router etc.
What is the use of https //jiofi.local.html
Since jiofi.local.html serves as the My Jio Login page, you can access all the router settings. Once you Login to Jio.local.html, you can change or configure the following router settings.
- Wifi network name and password.
- Change default router username and password.
- LAN, WLAN, WAN and other network related settings.
- IP QoS
- DHCP Client
Everything about jiofi.local.html/index.htm
Launch of Jio had a revolutionary effect on the telecom world. Jio kept growing with its extraordinary plans, cheap and affordable devices. Reliance started on to manufacture Jio phones, Portable Wireless devices and recently they even started their own broadband service. JioFi portable devices helped many across India to connect to the Internet including the rural areas. Along with the fastest 4G connection, they also gave free 4G video calls and audio calls. The best thing about Jio Wifi portable routers is that you can carry them anywhere and enjoy the same speed across the country.
Features and Characteristics of JioFi Router
Long-Lasting Battery: When the Jio Wifi device is once fully charged, it gives continuous Wifi for 6 hours. JioFi comes with 2300 Mah capacity battery.
Fastest 4G connection: The Jio Fi device provides the fastest 4G connection with a download speed of 150Mbps and an upload speed of 50Mbps.
HD voice calls and HQ Video calls: Login to My Jio App on your smartphone using your JioFi number and enjoy Unlimited Voice calls and 4G video calls. So, Download Jio4GVoice App, which is available on Google play store and Appstore.
Connect and Share Data: Within Jio Fi Devices, you can connect up to 30 devices to the Wifi. You can not only connect your Phones, laptops but also your Smart TV and all devices that support Wifi connections.
How to Configure JioFi Portable Hotspot Device
If you just got a new JioFi device and want to configure your device, follow the steps below.
- Open the box, you will find a Router, a cable, Adaptor, and a battery.
- Take out your Jio Sim and Open the backplate of the device.
- You can see the sim card slot and battery slot.
- Insert the battery and sim card inside. Make you insert the sim card the right way (The chip on the sim card should be facing downwards).
- Now Press and Hold the power button till the device turns on.
- You can see all the Signal, Battery and Wifi Indicator lights are On.
- If the lights are green that means your device has good network coverage and its working fine.
Now, your JioFi device is set and ready to use.
Jiofi.local.html Login and Change your Password
Once, your Jiofi Device is set up and running, You can log in to https //jiofi.local.html and Change your Password.
- Open any web browser and copy-paste “http//jiofi.local.html” in the URL bar and click enter.
- On my Jio login page, enter the username and password both as administrator. Make sure you enter “administrator” in the small caps. Click on Login.
- Click on the Settings and choose Wifi Configuration.
- Click on the password option, Select Change Password.
- Enter your new password and save it.
How to Enable MAC address on your JIofi Router
Follow the steps below to Enable Mac Address on your Router.
- Open any web browser and type www.jiofi.local.html and click enter.
- Enter administrator in both username and password boxes.
- Click on Settings which is on the top right corner.
- Click on the Network tab to enable Mac Address.
- To Allow the Mac Address filter Mode, Click on the Allow option.
- Click Add Option to add a Mac Address.
- Now click on Save. Mac address is enabled on your router.
How to change your Username and password on your JioFi Device
All the routers are setup with the default username and password for your device. So, it’s safe to change the username and password, since anybody can easily login to your router using the default username and password.
- Open Google Chrome or any web browser.
- In the Url bar type jiofi.local.html/index.htm and click Enter.
- Enter the word “administrator” in username and password boxes and click on Login.
- Click on settings and Select Wifi.
- Click on the password option to change the password and SSID to change the username.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
How to access the Micro SD card on JioFi.local.html?
First Insert the Micro SD card in the Jiofi device. Now you need to set up a Storage account and create a username and password. Then you can access the files of Micro SD card on the devices connected to JioFi Router. Enter http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html in the web browser and click enter. Click on the Wifi disk button, and enter your Storage account username and password. Now you can access the files on your SD card. You can add, delete files and also edit them.
How to reset your Jio Wifi Router
If you’re having login problems or forgot your router username and password, then you should reset your Router. Once, your JioFi Router is reset, then you can use “administrator” for the username and password for www.jiofi.local.html Login. Follow the steps below to reset your router.
- Look for the reset button on the router.
- Take a Pin or paper clip to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the reset button, wait for the indicator lights to start working.
- Your router is reset.
Once, you reset the Jio Wifi router, it will solve all the jiofi local html issues. If you’re still having problems, repeat the process once more.
How to make 4G calls from Jiofi Device?
Jiofi Device also allows its users to make High-quality 4G audio and video calls. You need to download Jio4GVoice App. You can make Free domestic and international calls depending on your Jio Plans. If you want to know your plan Login to My Jio Account and Check there.
- Connect to the Jio Wifi on your smartphone.
- Open Jio4GVoice App on your smartphone and grant all the permissions the app requests.
- Click on JioJoin App from the Homepage.
- Enter your Jio number and the app should automatically connect to the network.
- You will receive an OTP to your Jio Number. Enter it in the required field.
- Once, your device is configured to JioJoin App, now you can make Voice and Video calls for free.
This is my article on Jiofi.local.html, I covered everything one needs to know about the JioFi router. I hope this article is helpful to you all, Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.